Every year, an estimated 34 million people are injured as a result of accidents caused by defective products, and tens of thousands of product liability lawsuits are filed every year. Product liability law protects consumers against dangerously flawed products by giving them the right to seek financial compensation if the product causes an injury through normal use.
A person should not have to shoulder the financial burden for an injury caused by a product they were led to believe was safe. If a product has left you in need of medical care and/or rehabilitation, you may be able to make a product liability claim for compensation related to your injury.
The San Jose personal injury lawyers at Habbas & Associates are available to review your case during a free consultation. Call today: (888) 387-4053.
What Constitutes a Defective Product?
Products can be considered defective for one of three reasons:
- Design error: The product contains a design flaw that makes it inherently unsafe to use
- Manufacturing error: The product was made incorrectly or with sub-par materials
- Marketing error: The product does not contain adequate warnings or instructions for safe use
Proving Your Product Liability Claim
When you bring your claim to Habbas & Associates, it is our goal to help you achieve a successful outcome for your case. An investigation of your case should reveal four elements that are key to its success.
In order for your product liability claim to be successful, the following four elements must be proven:
- You have been injured or sustained some other type of loss
- The product in question is defective
- The defect caused your injury
- The product was used for its intended purpose
After establishing these four elements, you may be one step closer to obtaining the compensation you need to pay for economic damages, such as medical bills and lost wages, or for non-economic damages such as pain and suffering. Work with our team to determine if you have a case and what damages you may be eligible for.
To learn more about how Habbas & Associates may be able to help you with your personal injury claim, please contact us today at (888) 387-4053.