Sexual Harassment Attorneys in San Jose
Fighting for the Rights of Sexual Harassment Survivors in the Bay Area
Now more than ever, sexual harassment is in the limelight as a crime to be met with heavy consequences. Victims are becoming more and more vocal about the physical, psychological, and personal tolls associated with sexual harassment. If you are a victim of sexual harassment, our San Jose injury attorneys of Habbas & Associates want to do everything in our power to ensure your voice is heard and your needs are met.
Where Does Sexual Harassment Most Commonly Occur?
Sexual harassment can happen in any number of environments, though it is most common in the public spaces such as the workplace, public transit, school, social gatherings, and more. Despite the extreme commonality of sexual harassment, many victims fail to report it for fear of retaliation or out of embarrassment. However, with a strongminded legal team on your side such as ours at Habbas & Associates, you can rest assured we won’t allow your case to be forgotten if there is a chance we can fight to deliver you the compensation you deserve for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Different Types of Sexual Harassment
Examples of sexual harassment include, but are not limited to:
- Unwanted and inappropriate touching, massaging, groping, or other uninvited physical contact
- Sexual gestures
- Verbal harassment in the form of sexual comments, innuendos, jokes, or slurs
- Propositions, threats, or bribes regarding sexual activity, with or without an implication of an exchange (such as for a workplace promotion)
- Attempted or actual sexual assault
Call Habbas & Associates at (888) 387-4053 or fill out an online form to get your free consultation today!
"Mr. Habbas and his staff are efficient, helpful, responsive and caring. They make you feel at ease. They explain the process and they keep you up to date. There is no one else I would prefer to have in my corner to protect me."Dr. S.E.
"We are extremely happy with the seamless experience that they provided. All in all, you'd wish you never have to run into any injury situations but if you do then Habbas law firm is the place to go."Neil T.
"Omar Habbas will fight for you and give you the best results out of your case I know. They take good care of their clients I’ve never been happier. Thank you to the whole entire team at Habbas & Associates. You are highly recommended."Nina Wright
"I’m so glad I found this law firm and extremely happy with the results. Very highly recommended them to family and friends. If you or a loved one needs help, don’t hesitate to call them!"AJ B.
"He answered all of our questions every time we had one and that's why we are so happy and blessed to have Habbas and Associates on our side. I strongly recommend them."Feliciano & Maria Verzosa
How Do You Sue for Sexual Harassment?
If you have been sexually harassed in the workplace, it's important that you take the following steps to protect yourself and fight for your own rights:
- Confront the harasser and inform them that their behavior is unacceptable and that it must stop
- If the harassment does not stop, go to your human resources department and report the behavior; every company should have a process in place for handling sexual harassment claims and they should be able to walk you through the steps of reporting the incident
- If you aren't able to resolve the situation through the designated channels, you should report the incident to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; the government agency can then reach out to your employer and work to resolve the situation on your behalf
- If the EEOC is unable to resolve the issue on your behalf, they will issue you a "right to sue" letter which gives you the ability to take the claim to court
- Contact our team to discuss your situation and find out how we can fight on your behalf to get you the justice and compensation you deserve for the harassment you have suffered
We don't take sexual harassment lightly. Contact an attorney at Habbas & Associates today to pursue justice.
They do everything possible to help you get through tough times.Daniel L.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (888) 387-4053.