Auto accidents remain a leading cause of injury and death nationwide, many of which are preventable if not for the negligence of others. Whether they are seemingly minor wrecks or major collisions, auto accidents have the potential to upend the lives of victims and their loved ones, and create life-altering consequences that threaten their physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Fortunately, our civil justice system recognizes that victims should not have to bear the damages created by accidents they didn’t cause, and provide pathways through which victims can pursue legal action and a financial recovery of their damages.
At Habbas & Associates, our car accident attorneys have a reputation for securing the results victims throughout Rocklin and the surrounding areas of California need and deserve. Backed by extensive experience and resources, we know how to investigate a range of collisions, determine fault and liability, and pursue full and fair recoveries from defendants and the powerful insurance companies that represent them. If you or someone you love has been injured in any type of motor vehicle crash, you can be confident about placing your case in the hands of our award-winning lawyers.
Why Choose Our Car Accident Attorneys?
- Proven Results in Auto Accident Cases
- Over 175 Years of Combined Experience
- Millions in Compensation Recovered
- No Fees Unless We Win
Learn how our nationally recognized team of personal injury lawyers can fight for you after a preventable car accident. Call (888) 387-4053 to request a FREE and confidential case review.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
Car accidents can be caused by a variety of different factors. When those factors are created by the negligent or wrongful acts of others, we help victims take the necessary steps to assert their legal rights and file personal injury claims to recover their damages. Examples of car accident cases we handle include:
- Drunk and drugged driving
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Uninsured and underinsured motorists
- Intersection accidents
- Driver error and moving violations (speeding, running red lights, etc.)
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Truck and commercial vehicle accidents
- Serious / catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
Your Rights as a Victim
As a victim harmed by another’s negligence, you have the right to take legal action against the at-fault party. Whether it be a careless driver who violated traffic laws, a commercial trucking company that failed to adhere by safety regulations, or a product manufacturer that released defective and unsafe auto products onto the market, your rights ensure you have the opportunity to hold the at-fault party accountable. Because cases can vary in terms of the unique circumstances involved, there are a few general elements that must be established in any auto accident case. These include:
- A Legal Duty – As a victim, any claim or lawsuit you file in your car accident case must establish that the defendant owed you a duty of care. For most car accident cases, this duty exists when any driver gets behind the wheel, as the law requires them to take reasonable steps in safely operating their motor vehicle. Commercial trucking operators, as well as product manufacturers, also have legal obligations to abide by applicable safety laws and regulations, and take steps that reduce risks of innocent victims suffering preventable harm.
- Breach of Duty – Proving a defendant’s failure to uphold their legal duty is vital to a car accident case. As this failure typically arises from negligence, it is critical to provide evidence and arguments that clearly show how a breach of duty occurred. This can range from a motorist who fails to uphold their obligation of safely operating a vehicle by driving drunk or distracted, or a commercial carrier that overloads its truck in violation of federal laws.
- Causation – You must prove how a breach of duty more likely than not resulted in your accident and injuries, a point that requires meticulous investigation and clear and convincing arguments. For example, a drunk driver would more than likely cause an accident due to the effect intoxication has on their ability to safely drive, as would a cargo violation when fallen cargo or overloaded trucks cause preventable crashes. Proving causation is a case-by-case matter, which is why our attorneys focus on personal attention and tailored representation.
- Damages – You must demonstrate how a preventable accident caused you to suffer losses that could and should have been prevented. These can include economic damages associated with your injuries, such as lost income caused by time away from work and medical expenses. Damages can also include non-economic injuries such as pain and suffering, emotional or mental anguish, and loss of quality or enjoyment of life. Damages are different in every case, but a full recovery is always essential to ensuring victims have the means to cover their past and future losses.
Don’t Wait to Make the Most Important Call You Can
Our legal team at Habbas & Associates is standing by to respond immediately to your call for help. With offices in Rocklin and other surrounding areas of the Central Valley and Bay Area, we take pride in acting as first responders for local injured victims and families. After a car accident, don’t hesitate to speak with our proven lawyers during a FREE and confidential consultation. Contact us today to get started.